Monday, July 2, 2018

Olá!

This week went well! We had a couple of really cool things this week. First off we had a mission tour with Elder Parrella. He is a member of the Area Presidency. I have now had a mission tour with all of the members of the Brazil Presidency. It was a great meeting. He talked a lot about how if we are obedient and have high expectations and work hard that we will see miracles. I know that it is true. This new area is a lot different because it is in a big city and so there are not as many people on the street and people are not as receptive, but we are working hard and I have seen so many miracles. Usually, not a lot happens when we knock on doors or talk with people on the street, but when we do that, people just appear in our path. It is incredible and makes me want to work even harder, because even if everything falls through, I know that if I do my part, God will do His. We are teaching a few people that have a lot of potential.

We also did a couple of exchanges this week. I was able to stay with a new American in the new area here. It was funny because I have only been here for a week, so it was kind of like, well... I will just go out there and get it done. It was a good day. On the other day, I went to the north of São Paulo. It was a good exchange with a missionary that I have known for a while now. I just love working here with everyone. The mission is great.

One crazy thing that has been happening here is World Cup. Brazilians love Copa do Mundo (world cup). For example, today is P-Day. We went to the mall and people were watching there because everything was closed down. Literally every store other than a couple of restaurants. Everyone was in the food court. We can't watch the game so we just were there kind of watching them watch the game. When there was a goal everyone started screaming and jumping up and down. It was so loud. It was awesome. Brazil is doing well. It kind of makes people more receptive because they are super excited. It also is hard during the times of the games because everyone is watching. But we will keep working. It is a fun experience to see their culture here during this time.

I am so grateful for the mission. It is an amazing experience and I will always remember these times here. Thank you all for your love and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment