Monday, July 23, 2018

Olá!

This week was a lot more normal. We only had one division so the first half of the week we were working together in our area. We had a great district meeting on Wednesday with President that helped us work hard. This area has a lot of buildings which makes it harder to talk to a lot of people on the street, but we saw that as we tried to talk to more people, we were able to find people in our path that were ready to hear the gospel message.

One of these people is Larissa. She has an aunt who is returning to church and when we went to the Aunt's house we met her and taught her the Restoration. It was a fantastic lesson and she has started to read the Book of Mormon. Another person is Angelica. She is living with a family of members while she is studying here in São Paulo. She is a great person who definitely has soooo many questions. It is fun to answer those questions because I have also learned so much as I have tried to respond to her doubts. I find that amazing. We can learn so much as we search and ask God for inspiration.

Our division was a lot of fun. I was with a guy from Minas Gerais. It is a different style. He is a funny guy. We were able to learn a lot together and eat a pizza at the end of the night. I think you all have seen how much pizza we eat. It is soooo good! I will miss the pizza here when I go home.

Sunday was a great day as we had a few people at church and President was there. His testimony in sacrament meeting was great. He is an amazing person and has always inspired me. He talked about grace. I am so grateful for grace. That Christ has the power to qualify us and save us if we repent and follow Him. I have learned so much more about why this power is so important to everyone who lives on this earth. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and for the opportunity to represent Him here in Brasil. Thank you all for your love and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson

Funny Story - A man got really mad at us this week saying that we kill native Americans because we are missionaries. That was a new one. haha




No comments:

Post a Comment