Monday, April 2, 2018

Olá!

This week went great. It has been raining a lot. It makes it a lot harder to talk to people on the street, but we were still able to meet and teach some people. One day this week I did an exchange in paraísopolis which is one of the largest favelas in Brazil. A favela is an area where people just start build up houses. I will try to send a picture. It was pretty crazy. There are so many people there. Everyone is super welcoming. It is extremely easy to teach people, but it is hard for them to progress and go to church because of the poverty and sin that surround them. I really enjoyed the experience though that we had to meet some people and hopefully bring a little bit of light into their lives.

Conference was amazing! Everyone here is super excited about Elder Soares. He is Brazillian. I watched conference in President Thomas' house on Saturday which was a lot of fun. I think all of the changes are extremely inspired. We saw a lot of these changes on the mission in the past also. Focussing less on numbers and more on people and true conversion.  I really liked President Nelson's talk and also Elder Uchtdorf's talk. There were so many good talks though. I just loved the focus on us being more like Christ and receiving revelation for ourselves. I think it is great advice to everyone to stay optimistic, but also watch your step in the world. We also must always stay united and help others. I hope to be able to use what I learned this weekend in my life and in my mission. Thank you all for your love and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment