Monday, April 30, 2018

Olá!

I had a crazy week. Last Tuesday I went with President to a zone meeting. It went very well, but from there I went straight to a division in Paraísopolis. It is a large favela here. I think I have talked about it in the past. I was there from Tuesday until Friday. There are so many people there. You go down all of these little streets and there are limitless houses. It was a lot of fun to work a couple of days in a new area. It was also crazy because the area is crazy and you see some weird things. After the division, I stayed in my area on Friday. We have been working with a lot of great people. We have been teaching Roberta's sister which has been really cool. Roberta is a recent convert and her family is starting to come to church. We have also been teaching a young man named Samuel. He would have been baptized this week, but he needs a little more time to understand everything so he will probably be baptized this week!

On Saturday I went to another division in Portal which is a close by area. We worked a lot in some new buildings that the government built for the people here. There are so many people out on the streets and the missionaries have gotten to know everyone there. It was fun to see so many different areas this week. On Sunday we were working hard to take a lot of people to church and it was fantastic! We were able to take 10 people to church! It was a miracle and was amazing to see so many people there on Sunday. One of the biggest miracles is that on Friday we were eating at a restaurant and someone came up to talk to us. She asked if we were missionaries and if our church has a group for youth. We told her that the church has a lot of youth and she got excited and said that she wanted to take her daughter there. On Sunday we called them and she said that she was getting ready to go to church. She, her husband and her daughter went to church. They loved it and we are going to teach them tonight.

We are very excited to work with so many great people. We are hoping that we have a few baptisms this weekend. I know that the Lord is helping and guiding us. It is a blessing to be a missionary. I am seeing my faith grow and I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and that He is guiding all of us. Thank you all for your love and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment