Monday, February 5, 2018

Olá!

This week went extremely well! I am super tired as we have spent the last 4 days in an exchange with other missionaries. It was a lot of fun to be able to experience a new area and new companion for a little bit longer time than just a normal exchange. The biggest problem with the other area is that there are a lot of hills. A lot and a lot of hills. The area is also a lot bigger than ours so we spent a lot of time walking. It was tiring, but still really enjoyed it. We were able to teach a lot of people and will continue doing longer exchanges so I will be able to meet a lot of new people and have a lot of new experiences.

As I was not in my area a lot I do not have a whole lot of information about our investigators, but the biggest news from the week is that Juciano was baptized!!! I am so happy for him. I was not at the baptism, but it went well. His cousin who we also baptized was able to baptize him. It is awesome to see that his family is starting to enter the church. We are now working with his parents as well. It was really amazing as well when Juciano said that he would leave his job to be able to go to church on Sundays and keep the Sabbath day holy. He had just gotten a new job, but after the confirmation, he said that he will talk to his boss or leave. He said that he has faith that God will provide a way for him to work. It shows that he truly was converted and I am so happy for him.

We continue to work with a lot of other people. I am excited for all these opportunities that I have to meet people, teach them and help them be baptized. I see that it truly does make a huge difference in their lives. I am so grateful for the mission. With each experience I have I see myself grow and become a new person. I know that it is because of Jesus Christ that these changes happen. Without Him, life would be more difficult and change would be impossible. Thank you all for your love and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson

The Christmas package finally arrives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment