Monday, January 29, 2018

Olá!

This week went very well! I am feeling a lot better. I have had a little bit of a cough which is not fun when you are teaching, but have been feeling a lot better. I spent two days with President as we went to interviews in a couple of the zones here. It was really enjoyable to be with him and just have time to talk about the mission and other things. He is truly inspired and I am grateful for his guidance in our mission. I love that the Church is so organized and that everything is done through revelation. The mission has strengthened my testimony of that.

We have been able to teach a lot of people recently. I think I forgot last week, but we received a referral from the Sisters in Salt Lake! Someone sent them a message on mormon.org saying that he wanted to learn more. His name is Mateus. He is 19 years old and is awesome! He understands everything we teach him and has already been to church twice. He is super shy but has been opening up a lot and we have gotten to be great friends. It has been fun to teach him the past couple of weeks. He would have been baptized last week but had to do a surgery. We will see when he will be able to enter water again and when he can he will definitely be baptized.

Another person we taught this week is named Stella. We first talked to her a while ago when we were knocking on doors, but after we could never find her again. We finally were able to find her at her house and she is awesome also. She has already been to a lot of churches in the past, but never truly felt like they were true. She loves to talk and tell stories. It is hilarious to teach there. She didn't go to church yet because her dad does not like us very much because in their church they had a meeting about "the Mormons" Haha. It happens a lot here. We are going to try to talk to him this week so I hope that it all goes well.

I am loving the work that we are doing here. I feel like the time is flying by which scares me a lot because I don't want it to end. I have been seeing so many changes, both in my life and the lives of the people we teach. It is incredible to see how much the gospel can truly shape and mold us. Some family members of an investigator we are teaching were shocked when they found out that he was going to church. They thought that he never would, but when we ask for Christ's help, His grace is sufficient to change our hearts and minds. I am so grateful for the changes He has done in my life. Thank you all for your prayers and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment