Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Olá!

This week we had the opportunity to go to the temple! My P-day got pushed back one day, but it was such an amazing experience. I love that we have a temple here. I felt the Spirit so strongly and a sense of peace when sometimes the mission is crazy and busy, which this week it was. Haha

It started when we tried to get money from the bank. I was able to get my money, but when my companion tried to get his, the ATM machine broke and not only didn't give him his money but zeroed his account. We have been working with the bank, but he hasn't had any money this week and we have spent hours in the bank with them because even they don't know what happened. This week was also crazy when one of our investigators called us in the morning saying that he didn't feel good and asking us for a blessing and to go to the hospital with him. It was good that we are here for him because he lives alone and doesn't have anyone else. The blessing helped him a lot and he is doing much better now. He still has problems with work and his boss, so getting him to church has been hard, but we are working with him every day and I have truly seen a change in his life.

Our other main investigators are in one family. We had a couple family nights with them and together they are starting to grow and change. The little 8 year old will hopefully be baptized soon. The other daughter needs to be officially married to her boyfriend before they can be married. A lot of people here don't worry about getting married but live together so we talk with a lot of people about that.

We are also working with a couple of youth. One is 15 and the other is 13. They both are great and are reading the Book of Mormon, but it has been hard to find times to teach them because they both are studying a lot. Most of our other time is spent on finding more investigators because we teach a lot of new investigators, but haven't had a lot of commitment or second or third lessons. We have also been working with a lot of less active members who are starting to return which is great.

I heard that Brother Means (A seminary teacher at Orem High) passed away. He was such an example to me. We talked about everything from the gospel to movies. He always lived in an attitude of gratitude, fully enjoying every moment of life, whether it was good or bad. He inspired so many people. He could make anyone's day better, even when he was going through the hardest times of his life. I am so grateful for Brother Means and everything he taught me. He was such a great friend and teacher to me. I know that I will see him again because of the amazing plan of our Father in Heaven. I am so grateful I am able to teach here in Brasil what he taught me. That we have a loving Father in Heaven and a Savior who prepared a path back to them. This message brings light and happiness into everyone's life. Thank you all for your love and support for me. Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson


At the Sao Paulo Temple

Nativity scene at the Sao Paulo Temple

Sao Paulo Temple

No Civil War there! Christmas cheer and tape fixes that.

No comments:

Post a Comment