Monday, December 19, 2016

Feliz Natal!!!!

This week went by so fast. It has been super hot here so it doesn't really feel like Christmas. We did have a ward Christmas party that was super fun! All of Raulino's family went with us! And his little daughter sang with the Primary! They are doing super well. His ex-wife is in the hospital now with health problems, so it has been hard for them, but they are still strong and we meet with them a lot. The older daughter needs to be married to her boyfriend before they can get baptized so we are working on them with that, but the younger daughter should be getting baptized very soon!!

We met some great new investigators this week! One lives next to us. Her name is Selma. She works in a hospital so it is hard for us to meet with her, but the first lesson with her was awesome. She understood The Restoration and The Priesthood and just about everything we talked with her about. She loved to talk about all aspects of the Gospel and is super welcoming and excited to learn more.

Welsey (our investigator who speaks 4 languages) is good but is having a hard time with work and with his girlfriend. We are going to keep working with him, but it has been a little hard this week. He did introduce us to a new family to teach, though! The girl that he works with that he tried to set me up with last week talked to us and said that she talked to her mom about us and that they were interested in learning more about The Church! Her name is Sabrina and her mom's name is Leide. We went by there and taught them about The Restoration! They are super excited about learning more. Sabrina is reading The Book of Mormon and is super interested and asks a lot of questions about it. We will keep working with them. They even invited us over for Christmas!

Another exciting thing this week is that I went to the Hospital! I am doing fine, I just had a fever and a few spots on my skin and we just wanted to make sure that everything was fine. The doctor said that I shouldn't worry. Just to make sure to use a lot of sunscreen and drink a lot of water. I think I am just a little dehydrated and it has been super hot and sunny. If it gets any worse on my skin I will be sure to go and see a dermatologist, but I am feeling a lot better. The hospital was interesting. It does not look super pretty... more like an abandoned building. The doctor was super nice. He spoke English. It was a little funny because the things he was interested in was the difference between American and Brazilian barbecue. And about Trump. Everyone always wants to talk about Trump. Haha. After he explained that everything was fine he said that I should follow him and not be scared. I was a little scared. Haha. It was all good, though. I got a little bit of medication and some fluids that seem to have helped and I am working and feeling great.

This week was my sister Shay's birthday!! On the same day as her birthday, she also gave birth to my new niece. She looks absolutely beautiful and I am super excited to see her this week as we have the opportunity to Skype home on Christmas! I am so grateful for my family and especially for Shay as it was her birthday. She has always been such an amazing example to me. She is such a wonderful mother. In this Christmas season, I miss my family a lot, but I am so grateful that I can preach the gospel to families here and bring the light and truth to people's lives. I love the scripture John 3:16 that states, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life". Jesus Christ truly is the present of Christmas. The peace and warmth He brings are better than anything we can give or receive. I love this Christmas season and I love Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. Remember this Christmas that He was born for us, and that He lives for us now. Merry Christmas to you all! I love you all so much!!

Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment