Monday, June 4, 2018

Olá!

I had a great week. I titled this email paradise because I went to paraísopolis again. The translation is close to paradise. It was very interesting. It is a huge area where people just build all sorts of houses there. You see all sorts of things there because there are a lot of drugs and parties. It is sad to see the state that some people live in. It makes me want to help them so much. During the day it is a lot more normal. There are a lot of people to teach which is great.

I was there for two days and the rest of the week I was in my area. It was a good week. We were teaching Veronica's family a lot and they are doing great. They are reading the Book of Mormon and are extremely happy as they are finding peace in their lives. We also taught a couple of other families this week and had a few people at church so it was a great week to teach and find people who have a lot more interest. We are hoping to have a great week as it is the last full week of my companion. Next week we will have a lot of meetings so this is basically his last week of working every day on the street. It has been great being with him so we want to make the most out of the last part of his mission.

One great thing that I learned this week is the power of testimonies. President Thomas tells us to always testify the things that we know to be true. I have been trying to do that. Veronica told us this week that the thing that always stays with her is when we say, "I know that the Book of Mormon is true". It is something so simple, but so powerful. We should always testify what we know. It doesn't have to be with poetic words and eloquence, but it can be a simple testimony of things that we believe in. When we speak from the heart, the spirit testifies and people are touched. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the restored gospel. I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us. This truly is His work. Thank you all for your love and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment