Monday, September 18, 2017

Olá!

This week was fantastic! We worked a lot which for me is great because the days go by a lot faster and we are able to help and talk to a lot of people. Wednesday we had a Mission Tour with Elder Basset of the Seventy. It was great. He spoke a lot about our purpose here on the mission. I really enjoyed it. It was with half of the mission one day and then the other half the other day. It is fun to see a lot of the friends you made on the mission.

We also had Stake Conference this week. Since I have already been in this Stake I got to see a lot of people that I met a while ago. It was awesome. The Stake Conference was also great because of the messages. There was a Seventy here who talked about a lot of things. They talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and the importance to read every day. It truly is essential for us to read every day. It will bless our lives in all aspects.

We taught a woman this week who is an amazing investigator. Her name is Nanny. She has so many questions and loves to listen and learn. She even went and watched an entire session of General Conference. She will be baptized in a couple weeks!

The best thing that happened this week is we had a baptism! Nathan was baptized. He is 18 years old. We have been teaching him for a while, but he still had doubts and a little fear to be baptized. I know that the Spirit helped him make the decision to be baptized. I almost didn't believe it when he said he decided to be baptized. Haha. It was a great experience though. He chose me to baptize him which made me extremely happy. He is one of the best friends I have made on the mission and I have already seen a huge difference in his life. I know that baptism is an incredibly important step in our life. It will not only bless him, but it will also bless his family. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary and help people learn more about our purpose here and make the decision to follow Christ. Thank you all for your love and support.

Tchau!

Elder Johnson

P.S. I have to give my amazing dad a birthday shoutout. I would say that he is getting old, but I will just say that he is becoming very wise. :) I love you dad!




No comments:

Post a Comment