Monday, February 20, 2017

Olá!

This was my first week in the Raposo Travares Ward. It was really great! It is different than Cotia, but I am enjoying it. We still walk quite a bit and there are still quite a few mountains, but it is easier to go to the Chapel because we don't have to take the bus. It makes it a lot easier for members and investigators to go to church also. It feels like a really strong community here.

My new companion is great. He is Brazilian and he is a very loving guy. He knows quite a bit of English which is nice. He practices English and I practice Portuguese! He is a great missionary also. He truly knows how to connect with people and put a smile on anyone's face. I am learning a lot from him which is great!

This week we went straight to work. It was a lot of fun to just get into it and it helped with the transition. We found some great new people and are working with some people that he found before also. The best people are a couple of youth that we are teaching. The other missionaries here had a baptism one night and we invited a couple of young guys on the street to go and watch it. We didn't really think they would show up, but that night they were at the baptism! They really enjoyed it and went to Church on Sunday also!!!!! We will work with them more this week and hopefully, they will be baptized soon!

As I start learning this area more I will have a lot more stories to tell and a lot more people to talk about. I just love that I have been so welcomed here. The light of the gospel is the same light in the entire world. The Church is true. 100%. It changes people and makes them better. I love the light of Christ. It is in each and every one of us. We can all share our light through our testimonies and love for one another. I love you all and thank you all for everything you have done!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment