Monday, March 12, 2018

Olá!

This week went great. I may or may not have accidentally flooded the church. We were filling up the baptismal font and I forgot to turn of the water. Luckily I remembered before anyone came up and told us that it was overflowing. It wasn't a lot of water, so we were able to clean it up fast. I guess I wanted to be like Noah in the days of old, just without the ark. The baptism went great. It was a young girl named Lismaeli. Her family was baptized a few months ago and we started teaching her a couple of weeks ago. It was also her birthday so it was an incredibly special day.

The rest of the week was pretty normal. There was one day that was the day of rejection. Everyone rejected us. Everything fell through and it was a rough day. We were able to teach a few people, but the first person didn't even want us to pray, the second didn't want us to come back, and the rest were already going to different churches. There was even a person on the street who, when we said "Olá!", started yelling swear words at us and said "don't you have anything better to do??". We laughed it off, but it shows you that missionary work is not easy. It is hard to walk everyday in the sun and sometimes not have results. I am grateful for these days because I know that Jesus Christ suffered a lot more for me and so many people rejected Him. If He was rejected, we will also sometimes be rejected. I hope to follow His example and never give up and always forgive. I know that there are still so many people out there that need our message and we will keep working so that they can hear what we have to say. Through the difficulties, Christ will be with us always and I know that He is preparing so many people here in our area. I hope to be worthy to find them. Thank you all for your love and prayers!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson







We really do have plenty of food!

SEE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment