Monday, December 18, 2017

Olá!

This week flew by super fast. The biggest news is that we had a baptism yesterday! We were hoping to have one, but it looked like it fell through. We were then talking with Roberta (who was baptized), our bishop and Thayná on Saturday. With the help of our bishop and Thayná, Roberta felt like she was ready to be baptized. We called our District Leader and he went and interviewed her. She passed and said she wanted to be baptized on Sunday. It was awesome. She has a lot of questions but said that she received all the answers in the Church. It strengthens my testimony of the gospel and especially of The Book of Mormon. I am grateful that we had the chance to teach her and help her take this huge step in her life.

The rest of the week was great. On Wednesday we had a mission Christmas party. It is the only day of the year that we can really do something like that. We played volleyball which was fun. I also just talked with a lot of the missionaries which was extremely fun as well just to laugh and joke around.

We are working with a lot of great people and I can't wait to keep working here. The ward is great and the area is fantastic. It is super hot here, but there has to be opposition in all things. I am super excited for Christmas. There is not a lot of celebration here. Just a lot of alcohol. Haha. But it will still be great with the members and in the office, we will probably celebrate.

It was my sister Shaylia's birthday this week and also her daughter Claire's as well. I am also so happy that my other niece was born. I am so grateful for them. I love my family so much and they bring me so much happiness especially with their support and love while I am here on the mission.

I am so grateful for the message of Christmas. I know that Christ was born. His birth, life, and death all bring hope and peace to all of us. We can all know that we have a Savior and Redeemer who gave everything so that we live with Him, our Father in Heaven and our families forever. I hope you all have an amazing Christmas!!!

Elder Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment