Monday, November 20, 2017

Olá!

This week was great. We had splits for two days. Wednesday and Thursday I was with Elder Magno. He is a newer missionary. It was good. The days were completely full and extremely tiring. I really enjoy splits, but they kind of drain your energy. Our days consisted of a lot of knocking on doors. It is actually more like clapping your hands and yelling. I am feeling a lot more comfortable just talking with random people on the street. We have a goal of talking with at least 10 people per day. It used to be hard in the past, but it is a lot easier now. We are able to do a lot more than just 10 contacts per day now.

Rogerio went to church this week which was great. He wasn't able to go last week, but this week he went and he really enjoyed it. It was the primary program so obviously, everyone enjoyed it. Haha. The primary kids were so cute and funny. I really enjoyed the program. I hope that Rogerio is baptized soon. He is so close. He just needs to change a few things in his life, but he is already so different than when we met him. I hope he takes the next couple of steps he needs. I know that if he does, it will change his life completely. 

Thayná was not able to be confirmed this week. She had to travel on Saturday night because her uncle got super sick. She is super firm in the church though. Today we had a ward barbeque. She was there and has a lot of friendships in the church now which makes it a lot easier to stay firm. It is amazing the difference it makes when you have someone to help you the little bit that you need at the beginning when you start going to church.

There was one night here that it started pouring rain. It was a ridiculous amount of rain. This season is the rainy season, but also it is super hot sometimes. I prefer the pouring rain except when you try to get investigators to go to church. It makes it a lot harder.  I am really enjoying all of the experiences I am having here on the mission. I know that this is the best place to be. I see my self-changing and improving every day. I am so grateful that through Jesus Christ and because of His Atonement we can make changes in our lives. We can not only just repent and start doing what's right, but we can keep making daily changes in our lives that make us more like Him. Thank you all for your love and support!

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment