Monday, November 27, 2017

Olá!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Thanksgiving is not a holiday here, but we had a little bit of a celebration this week. On Thursday I was with President and Sister Thomas for interviews in Osasco. We went there in the morning and for lunch, we went to the mall. One missionary who is leaving this week wanted to go to Outback so we all went there to eat so my Thanksgiving meal turned out to be ribs and fries. It was a fantastic Thanksgiving meal. It is basically Outback from the United States just that everyone was speaking Portuguese. Haha. I really enjoyed the lunch.

The rest of the interviews took a while so I had to go with President and Sister to another appointment that night. We went to a ward activity at the church right next to the MTC. It was fun to pass by there again. We saw a couple missionaries close to the MTC and we also saw a couple of people that work at the MTC that I met when I was there. The activity was good, but a little different than we thought it would be. We thought it would be a Hawaiian luau, but they started it out pretending that we were on a plane going to Hawaii but that we all died. They then did a presentation of the three kingdoms of glory. It was fun but just completely different than what we thought it would be. We then returned home. I got home very late that night. It was definitely one of the most interesting Thanksgivings I have ever had.

The rest of this week was a lot of fun, but super tiring. It is getting super hot here which makes the days super long. We were able to teach a lot of people though and I am seeing that the Lord is guiding our paths to teach His children that are needing the message that we have.

The best part is that Thayná was confirmed on Sunday. It was great. Also, in the morning we went to all of our investigator's houses to see if they would go to church or not. Everyone said no. It was super sad so we were praying for a miracle. Church was just about to start and one of our investigators showed up at the church. It was so great to see him there. He really enjoyed it and said that he will definitely go again.

This weekend was super busy. We have transfers tomorrow and so we had to help President with that. On Sunday night we have to call everyone to let them know where they will go. I think I was on the phone for 4 hours. haha. We also had to get all the trainings ready for this week. The first week we have quite a few meetings. We were able to get them all planned and I am hoping that they all go well. I am so grateful for all of you. I am grateful for my family who has taught me so much. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for Him and that He sacrificed himself for us. I am so grateful for all these many blessings that I have. Thank you all for your love and support.

Amo vocês!

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment