Friday, October 13, 2017

Olá!

So this week was a little bit crazy for me. It started off normal the first couple of days. Then, I got a call from the secretary of the mission who said that president wanted to talk to me. I went there that day and he said I would be transferred out of Novo Osasco and he gave me the call to be one of the assistants of the mission! So it has been a pretty big transition for me. It was extremely sad leaving behind my companion. I really enjoyed the time I had with him. Now I am in a trio with the two assistants to train a little this week and then next week one of them will go home and I will be taking over more. I am excited to be able to have this opportunity to serve, but also a little bit nervous which is normal.

So after Thursday, I knew that I would be moving areas so we worked the next couple of days, but I also had the opportunity to say goodbye to the friends I made there in Novo Osasco. It was super sad, but at least I had that time with them. On our last Sunday in the ward, the youth called us to one of the rooms after church. They sang to us and all told us tthank you. It was so sweet of them. They also gave me a notebook and they all wrote inside. It was so amazing to be able to meet all of them. I had the opportunity of teaching their seminary class a few times and it is just so good to see so many youth who are firm in the church and following the Savior's path.

I am so grateful for Heavenly Father teaching me so many things, especially on the mission. President Thomas told me that the opportunity to be a leader is the opportunity to 'wash the disciples feet" as Christ did. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have now to serve. It does not matter what calling we have in the church, what matters is our attitude and willingness to follow the Lord. There are always people who need our help. I have seen that especially here on the mission. I hope to be able to trust in the Lord and I know that He strengthens us and guides us. Thank you all for your love and support. I love you all so much.

Tchau!

Elder Johnson






No comments:

Post a Comment