Monday, October 2, 2017

Olá!

I hope you all had a great conference. It was so amazing for me. I felt the spirit strongly and felt how I can change and become better, especially as a missionary. We watch conference here live, but the time zone is 3 hours ahead. We watch it in the stake center. I talked to them and they set up a tv in another room with Conference in English for all the American missionaries, and my companion who speaks English. haha. It was a lot of fun to be together and to be able to just enjoy Conference. We all shared candy and treats so it felt like I was back at home. It was a crazy weekend as between sessions we tried to run around inviting everyone to watch conference. It was fun. I even ran into a few people that I taught while in a previous area! So it was an amazing weekend.

The rest of the week went well. Not a whole lot happened. It was the same old same old of walking, walking, and more walking. It has been raining a lot here which has been a nice change. Today we went to the center of São Paulo. We saw a bunch of car dealerships and were even able to sit in a few cars. I will send some more pictures next week of that when we have more time. We also saw a protest going on today which was kind of cool. Haha. It had just started and they were just marching down the street. It was kind of crazy to see a protest like that in real life. There wasn't any fighting or vandalizing going on which is good. We took the subway back to our area which was fun. It is fun traveling around new cities here. Sometimes a little scary because you don't know where you will end up, but it is a fun adventure.

I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I would just like to say that I am so grateful for the living Prophets we have today. It is refreshing to hear their words of hope in a world that is sometimes full of despair. The guidance they give to us should be followed so that we are not lost, but so that we can find our way through life and make it back to our Father in Heaven. Through prayer, scripture study, the sabbath day, and the temple I know we can be oriented and not only help ourselves but those around us as well. I will probably share some more thoughts about conference next week because it was so amazing, but my time is just about up here. Thank you all for your love and support! I love you all!

Tchau!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment