Monday, March 27, 2017

Ola!

This week passed by extremely fast. I don’t have a whole lot to write as not a whole lot happened. I spent most of the week resting as I have had a few health problems. It is nothing too serious and I am beginning to feel better. I went to the doctor and he gave me some medicine that seems to be helping. I do not like sitting on the bench. I would much rather be playing in the game. I am hoping this week will be better and that I can be out there working more.

We still were able to visit and teach some people. Emerson, Everton and their family are all doing well. They still don’t feel quite ready for baptism, but they are progressing and hopefully will receive the desire to be baptized. The lessons with them are really great and spiritual. We are always so welcome in their house and we will keep working with them.

I did have a lot of time this week and study the scriptures. That part was really nice this week. I love the scriptures and always want more time to read. It is crazy because before the mission one hour of scripture study seemed like a lot but the one hour we have here on the mission seems like so little. I just want more time to study. It’s amazing how much we can learn through study and prayer. Even just a few minutes can strengthen us and give us answers to all our questions. Take a few minutes or a few hours a day, study, and ponder the scriptures. You will feel a true difference in your life.

Another thing I am extremely excited for this week is General Conference! This will be my first General Conference in the field as I spent the last one in the MTC. I love Conference. In my house it is one of the biggest holidays of the year. As we are filled with the sweet words of the prophet, we are also filled with sweet candy in my family. More than just the candy and food of Conference, there is truly nothing more satisfying than hearing the words of God through his chosen servants. They are inspired and have the authority to literally speak for God to the whole earth. They are more than just good speakers or leaders of a church. They are literal representation of Jesus Christ speaking not just to his church, but to the world, leading and guiding us through the tribulations of our days while also lifting and inspiring us to have more hope and faith in a world so full of doubt and unbelief.

Conference is a time to literally raise ourselves up and be edified and filled with the most precious truths the gospel of Jesus Christ has to offer. We must do all we can to prepare ourselves for this opportunity we have. We must pitch our tents as in the time of King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon. When King Benjamin gave their version of General Conference everyone pitched their tents with the opening towards the prophet. In my family we literally would make tents and stay in them to watch Conference, but more than literal tents that we sometime build, we need to make sure that our spiritual and mental tents are ready. Our minds need to be ready to hear and understand the words and our hearts need to be opened to feel the promptings of the Spirit as he will testify of the truthfulness of all that is spoken and will place in our hearts and minds all that we must do. This week in preparation, read the scriptures, pray to our Heavenly Father and think about questions that you have. Write the questions down and I promise that if you’ve pitched your tents and are open and ready the words of God, you will receive answers through their words and through the Holy Ghost.

I hope you all have an amazing week. I love you all!

Tchau
Elder Johnson.







No comments:

Post a Comment